Tuition Payment Plan
By joining the Rutgers University Tuition Payment Plan (RUTPP) you are able to pay your annual term bill charges in convenient monthly payments. By planning early you can add your college term bill payments to your monthly household budget which allows you to avoid the large, lump sum payment due before the beginning of each semester. You can choose the number of months to spread your installment payments and the installment period is interest free. There is a $50.00 enrollment fee to join the plan. This fee is non-refundable and due at the time of enrollment.
- Plan Choices
- How To Enroll
- Payment Options
- Online Web Access
- Confirmation Of Attendance
- Late Payment Fees
This is an interest free plan. Unlike a loan, you can join this plan and pay monthly without accruing interest or having a large debt at the time of graduation. If you budget with Rutgers you can reduce the amount of loans you will need, and in turn reduce the amount you actually pay for your education.
Tuition Protection Insurance on the plan member is provided at no additional cost. If the plan member, the person financially responsible for paying the bill, dies during the contract period, the balance of the contract, up to the total tuition and fees owed at the time of death, will be paid by Rutgers University, provided that your monthly contract payments are up to date.
- 12 Payment Plan : April 28th through March 28th
- 10 Payment Plan : June 28th through March 28th
- 8 Payment Plan : July 28th through February 28th
- 6 Payment Plan : (Fall) July 28th - Sept 28th and (Spring) Dec. 28th - Feb 28th
- 5 Payment Plan : (Fall) June 28th - Oct 28th and (Spring) Nov 28th - March 28th and (Summer) March 15th - July 15th
- 4 Payment Plan : (Fall) July 28th - Oct 28th and (Spring) Dec 28th - March 28th and (Summer) March 15th - June 15th
- 3 Payment Plan : (Fall) July 28th - Sept 28th and (Spring) Dec 28th - Feb 28th and (Summer) May 15th - July 15th
- 2 Payment Plan : (Fall) July 28th - Aug 28th and (Spring) Dec 28th - Jan 28th and (Summer) May 15th - June 15th
- 6 payments will be applied to Fall / 6 payments will be applied to Spring
- 5 payments will be applied to Fall / 5 payments will be applied to Spring
- 4 payments will be applied to Fall / 4 payments will be applied to Spring
- 3 payments will be applied to Fall / 3 payments will be applied to Spring
How to Enroll
The plan is administered by Rutgers and a third party billing servicer, University Accounting Service (UAS). To enroll complete the student and billing information on the enrollment form or enroll online. Then use the current yearly tuition and fee charges for your school to determine your plan amount. After determining your plan amount, calculate your monthly payments.
Once you are enrolled in the plan, you will receive your bills monthly. Bills will be mailed on the 15th of each month and payments are due on the 28th of the month.
Please Note: Tuition and Fee charges are determined by the Board of Governors annually in mid July. When you receive your term bill, review your RUTPP contract to ensure that the total of your contract covers your tuition and fee charges. If you have an annual RUTPP contract, double the fall semester term bill to determine if your annual contact would cover your annual charges.
Electronic Check (e check) - We offer monthly automatic deductions from a personal bank account (ACH) as well as electronic bills sent to you via email.
Checks - We accept check and money orders payable to Rutgers University and mailed to:University Accounting Service
P.O. Box 918
Brookfield, WI 53008-0918.
Online Web Access
The plan is administered by Rutgers and a third party billing servicer, University Accounting Service (UAS). UAS offers online account access to your RUTP Plan information, where you can review your installment account and payments. By visiting "View Your SAR Account Online", you can view your Rutgers University semester charges and payments for any semester you have attended Rutgers.
Attendance Confirmation/Submission of Term Bill
Registered students will receive an email notification regarding the term bill being available on our website, in July for the Fall and late November for the Spring.
As a convenience, Rutgers will automatically confirm your attendance if your tuition payment account is in good standing and payments have been received by UAS. If your contract amount does not cover the full balance due, you will need to increase your RUTPP contract or make payment online on our website for the balance due.
RUTPP enrollees, whose contract does not appear on your online term bill, will need to print your account summary, indicate on the summary you are enrolled in UAS Monthly Payment Plan, and mail the form to address indicated by the term bill due date.
Failure to confirm your attendance could result in cancellation of registration.